Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sometimes I get tired of "playing nice"

So my son is adopted as I wrote before. I for the most part get along with his birth family, but sometimes I get so aggravated by his birth family!
They say they want to still be in his life, yet they make him promises & then don't keep them! Like his birth mom said she was sending him a Christmas present, we waited & checked the mail every other day & they only 2 people from his birth family who sent anything was one of his birth Uncle's sent him a letter about himself & a few pics,, and his great grandma on his birth mom's side sent a card.
So I called his birth mom & she said she sent it out on Christmas eve, weeks pass no nothing.
So I called again, (Not about the gift but because he wanted to talk 2 his 1/2 sister) & she said "Oh the package came back & our dog ripped it open & ate the toy."

It just makes me mad because I send the 2 kids she has birthdays cards & money or gifts for birthdays & Christmas cards & presents!

And she has 2! Whom I am not related to, but I do it because they are my sons half siblings by birth!
But it gets real annoying when I'm trying to keep contact & nobody else trys, yet if I stop contact then they all talk crap & spread rumors about me. And then the threats normally start!

So any help or advise?

1 comment:

Vanesa said...

Hi, don't worry about what they'll say or do, just think what's best for your son. If he wants to talk to his sister, help him out with that. Make him feel loved, and make sure he knows you are his mom, and that you'll allways be there for him. I understand how you must feel, but try to take a deep breath and let it slide right off.
Good luck!